Thursday, April 10, 2008

PoV: Resident Evil: Extinction

Subscribe in a Reader

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

by myi4u

I had watched Resident Evil: Extinction on Saturday. Having seen it, I have the urged to watch the first two episodes as well. I always get mix up with the storylines for those movies which have few parts of series such as Final Destination, The Lord of the Rings, Die Hard and etc. Thus, each time when I watch one of the series, I will be like; 'I must watch the other series as well.'

I am quite surprised when I see Ali Larter (Claire Redfield) stars in the movie, just as surprise when I see her in Heroes. I never have the habit of reading reviews or knowing the people who starred in which movies and so. I will normally depend on the advertisements but if I never see any, I will not search for the information deliberately unless I am very interested in it.

Well, from my point of view, there is less excitement in this edition of Resident Evil: Extinction. The first part is very similar to Resident Evil: Apocalypse. And not much of actions displayed until the survival crews lead by Claire Redfield go to Las Vegas in search for fuel for their trip to Alaska. They are ambushed by a group of undead setup by the evil doctor who works in Umbrella Corporation. In the end, the doctor is bitten by one of the undead and he injects himself with a 'cure' he creates from project Alice. Thus, he mutates into a much intelligent undead. Eventually, Claire and her remaining crews manage to get on a helicopter and head toward Alaska while Alice ventures into Umbrella Corp with the help of artificial intelligence bot and kills the doctor.

There is also a part where Alice answers a fake distress call made through radio broadcasting. She ends up fighting off a few undead dogs.

The ending will be the lead to the 4th part of Resident Evil when Alice discovers that she is cloned by the doctor and there are many of them. Overall, as I have mentioned, I will have expected more fast-pace actions as compared to its previous editions. Nothing much is new, just a continuation of the second edition's story but I will love to wait for Resident Evil 4.

3/5 Stars

Please visit My Ideas 4 You for more articles. Original article - PoV: Resident Evil: Extinction

Don't forget to download Indocquent's free social bookmark utility at http://www.indocquent.com/social_bookmark/social_bookmark_landingpage.html.

No comments: